
I did go to the Peach Bowl back in '98 or '99 when Virginia played Georgia and Virginia lost after we missed a last minute field goal. We were winning the whole game! Funny thing is that Jimmy was at that game too! Who knew our paths would cross in Charlottesville.
As for tailgating, most of the tailgating I have done has been at Georgia. I am certainly not a pro and leave most of the organizing to those that are seasoned Georgia fans. I am just along for the fun! The nice thing about Georgia is that you can really tailgate anywhere you can find a spot. Certainly it is nice to have a parking space, but you can also find a nice spot of grass and set up your tailgate. As for the perfect tailgate some of our good friends in Savannah were featured in Paula Deen's cookbook "Paula Deen and friends-Living it Up, Southern Style." Both Georgia fans and grads they had a chapter devoted to them and their famous "Georgia Bulldog Parking Lot Tailgate" Here is the menu and a link to some of the recipes:
chicken fingers (usually Chick-fil-a or Zaxby's)
turkey wraps
pimiento cheese
cheese spread
salsa
symphony brownies
cold beer
bloody marys

Here is a pic of me and Jimmy tailgating at the Georgia/GA Tech game a couple of years ago in Atlanta. I think we were essentially tailgating on a bridge over I75 or I85.

This is my brother-in-law who went to Tech (around these parts that refers to Georgia Tech, not Virginia Tech) and my sister-in-law who went to Georgia.

1 comment:
Love these pictures and football posts.....I have a great giveaway on both my blogs that will be given away this weekend....and all you have to do is comment.......so hope you will stop by.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment