Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, October 4, 2009

4th Row Seats for...




...I wish I could say U2 since it seems like all of my VA and NC friends went to see them this past week...but the next best thing is Playhouse Disney LIVE! Little Jimmy is a huge fan of the Playhouse Disney cartoons-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. They brought their live show to the Johnny Mercer Theatre this weekend. I think the last show I saw in the Johnny Mercer was Widespread Panic a couple of years ago so it was quite the contrast!

Little Jimmy had quite the entourage-us and both sets of grandparents came too! When we first walked into the Civic Center he loved all the Disney stuff and we got him a fun drink to take into the show. When we got to our seats he sat for a minute, but then got a little impatient and kept saying he wanted to go home, but by the time the show started he perked up at the sight of some of his favorite characters. Then they had an intermission which I think is so silly because the show isn't very long, but I am sure they have it so they can sell more swag during the show. Of course we bought some swag. We had to because he kept saying he wanted to go home after intermission not realizing that the show would come back so we got him one of Leo's batons that light up and I am ashamed to say how much we paid for it...$20!!! But it kept him occupied until the show started again. He also got a Handy Manny hat which of course came with cotton candy (I don't recall the cost for that one!) but he did try cotton candy for the first time!




It was a great show and made us want to go to Disney World in January or February!




1 comment:

Luke and Courtney Brewer said...

Wow, what great seats! Sounds like the show was a hit! :-)