Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, October 2, 2009

Show us Your Life-Baby Gear

It's Friday at Kelly's Korner! What an appropriate subject for me!! With less than two weeks to go, baby gear is definitely on my mind and with this being #2 I definitely have some favorites and wouldn't do agains.

Car Seat/Stroller
I have the Chicco Travel System. I like it and will use it again this time since I already have it but if I had to do it all over again I would get the Snap and Go, an umbrella stroller and a jog stroller. After the first few months you hardly ever use the bulky and heavy stroller. I like an umbrella stroller that reclines a little bit and is a little taller than the super inexpensive ones. I went with the Chicco Capri. Maybe if I didn't have the travel system I might have spent a little more $$ and gotten the Maclaren. I used the jog stroller just for walks so went the Baby Trend. If you are a jogger, then you probably would want to get something a little better, like the BOB. We did go with the Britax Marathon car seats for both of our cars (of course Jimmy got this one for his car) and I would certainly do that again. I am thinking about getting a double stroller but I may see if I can borrow one from a friend who may not need it anymore. Jimmy doesn't love riding in a stroller so I don't want to spend a lot of money on one if he isn't going to sit in it.





Boppy's are essential as they serve all kinds of different purposes. I've recently seen them at TJ Maxx for a lot less than Babies R Us.




Feeding
I have a high chair, but don't think I will use it this time. If you have a big kitchen with a lot of space and like to wheel it around then it would be something to consider, but I think this time I will use the Bumbo for early feeding and then the Booster seat for later. The booster seat is so much more compact and serves the same purpose as a high chair. I already have the Bumbo and can purchase the tray for $10.





The Miracle Blanket saved our lives! Jimmy loved to be swaddled and we used it until he started busting out of it! I already have both of my blankets washed and ready to go. I am even taking one to the hospital with me. I could never swaddle as good as the nurses with the receiving blanket so I am BYOB-bring your own blanket!



This is what I am most excited about trying for Baby #2, The Moby Wrap:



I used the Baby Bjorn some with Jimmy, but it doesn't work as well with little babies. This will be great for newborns to older babies and having to chase around an almost 3 year old and have a newborn I thought this would great and save my back and allow me to be a little more active. I made a post to my Facebook status as to what sling was the best and this one got the best ratings and it can be used in so many different ways than just a sling.

No comments: