So it all started on Sunday night. I woke up around 2am and started feeling what I thought were contractions. From 2am until around 430am they were pretty mild and irregular. I feel back asleep around 5 and then didn't wake up until 7 or so when little Jimmy woke up. So I figured maybe they were just Braxton Hicks. Since it was Monday (although it was Columbus Day, it wasn't a holiday for us) Jimmy took little Jimmy to my parents as normal. Around 8am or so I felt my water break! I called Jimmy who had just gotten to my parents house and he turned around and came home. I called my doctors office and they said to go on to the hospital.
We got to the hospital around 9am and I was feeling pretty comfortable and wasn't having many contractions. I went ahead and asked for my epidural early (I waited too long the last time!) which was a good thing because the first one did not take on my left side so they had to take it out and do it again. Thank GOD!
We just hung out in the room most of the day as the doctor had several C-sections and urgent deliveries so they didn't want to give me Potocin until he was ready. Around 6pm they gave me some Potocin and then at 6:47pm Cecilia Louise Kelley arrived!!
Jimmy was able to go to the waiting room to tell our family that it was a girl! Little Jimmy was there but he had fallen asleep on the way to the hospital and was a bit cranky so we decided to wait until the next day to introduce him to his new little sister.
Jimmy asleep in the hospital waiting room:

We got to our room around 10pm and the first night went well. Cecilia is healthy and that is what we are most thankful for. She spent some time in the nursery so that we could get some rest after a long day! We had several visitors on Tuesday and it was so nice to celebrate with friends.
Uncle Marty
Aunt Gin Gin, Mimi and Sissy
Papa
Papa Joe

No comments:
Post a Comment