Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering...



Like everyone else today I am remembering 9.11.01. It is one of those dates that you will forever have etched in your mind as to where you were and what you were doing. I was at work at SCAD and was instant messaging my friend Whitney in Northern Virginia with the new and exciting AOL instant messaging service. We talked daily and she was the first person to tell me that a plane had flown into the World Trade Center. I checked the internet and watched some primitive live video online. As the events of the day unfolded someone did bring a TV to work so we could watch what was going on. It was such a terrible day for our country and even more terrible for the families of the thousands of victims.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can barely even remember the days of IM! It was such a great way for us to keep in touch right after we graduated. Sorry that I had to give you the bad news of 9/11...it was crazy working right by Dulles Airport. I wish I had kept a journal about that time.

Unknown said...

The last post was from me (Whitney) not my husband :) Guess I'm logged in as him!