Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Joys of being a homeowner!

I came home yesterday from work to discover that our AC was broken. We called Coastal Air and they came out to check on it and they delivered the bad news...time to replace our 15 year old HVAC unit. I guess we had been heating and cooling on borrowed time but of course one of the biggest expenses of homeownership happens to occur at the worst time when I am 3 weeks from my due date and September can be just as warm as July or August. Luckily, the weather has been a little overcast the past couple of days and we just got some rain that the temp has stayed fairly cool (78 degrees) that we can at least sleep and be comfortable. In Savannah, you can't really wait until the spring to replace it because you may need AC on Christmas Day like we did last year! They will be here tomorrow (pending no issues in getting the equipment) and we can crank that baby up tomorrow night! It should also be more energy efficient so hope to save some $$$ on the electric bills which can get pretty pricey in Savannah in the summer.

The heat konked out on us when we lived in town on 52nd street. Luckily we still had the home warranty (we kept it for a couple extra years since the house was so old) and it was replaced with little cost to us so I guess we shouldn't complain, but I still will!

The cost, good God, I don't even want to say! All I can say is that I would much rather spend the money and be here:

No comments: