Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good causes, good weekend!

Cecilia is napping and Jimmy and Jimmy are out for a bike ride so I have a few quiet moments to blog (though should probably be doing laundry or something!). Friday Jimmy and I helped with a fundraiser at church, Night in Ole Italy. A fancy name for a spaghetti dinner! The dinner and the silent auction (which had great items, including a week in the Bahamas!) raised approximately $11,000! Wow! Over the past four years this event has raised almost $50,000 for the new youth building at our church. We have such a generous church and community! The event was a lot of fun. Jimmy made salads all night and I helped with the desserts and cleaned tables. We made some new friends, too!

Later that night I went down to the Isle of Hope marina for another fundraiser for Camp Sunshine, a camp for kids with cancer. What a worthy cause!

No comments: