Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, March 21, 2010

BBQ in the 'Boro

My 10th anniversary at SCAD will be in June. I can't believe that I have worked there for 10 years! In that time I have met some amazing people and have made wonderful friends. The friends that I met 10 years ago when I first started working at SCAD are some of my most treasured friends. We all shared a common experience of being new to Savannah and we all had an instant bond. Although most have moved away (some have even moved back!) and have gone on to new careers or families, I still try hard to keep in touch.

My friend Angie and I started working at SCAD about the same time and she and her family now live in Statesboro. Kara started working at SCAD a year or so after Angie and I started and we all became friends. Kara moved to Chicago about 6 or 7 years ago and she and her family came for a visit this past weekend. They drove down and spent a long weekend with Angie and family. Kara and Nick have two kids (Colin and Lauren) and Angie has three (Sullivan, Delaney and Brynnley). Angie had a BBQ on Friday and we all got together and caught up, reminisced about the old days and watched our children play together. I hope it isn't another 7 years before we can all get together again.

Kara (holding Cecilia) and Angie:


Jason, Angie's husband:


Kara and Nick:


Old buds:



The kids acting crazy-(L-R)Brynnley, Sullivan, Colin, Lauren, Jimmy and Delaney:

No comments: