Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A little of this...a little of that...

My first week back to work went well. We were really busy so it went by really fast! It will take a little bit to get the routine down but all in all it went well.

My mom ended up in the hospital early Friday morning. The severe pain in her abdomen ended up being a very large kidney stone. She was supposed to go home yesterday but she also had a blood infection so needed to stay two more nights to get some heavy duty antibiotics. She should go home tomorrow. She has had a rough six months!

With my mom out that leaves some creative child care on our part. With this only being my second week back to work I am not really able to take time off so Jimmy will be playing Mr. Mom Monday and Tuesday with the help of Eliza and Ginny. I am SO THANKFUL to have friends and family close by to help out and they are always so willing.

It is COLD in Savannah! The lows have been consistently in the 20's the past week. My hydrangea leaves are black but luckily they will come back in the spring. Some ferns that I was nursing back to life after last winter's freeze are history. I am trying to keep my topiaries on the front porch alive but they are getting a little dried out from being inside in the heat. I might be fighting a losing battle. We are dripping our faucets outside so they won't freeze. Savannah/Chatham County ALMOST cancelled school for the PREDICTION of snow/ice on Friday. Ha! So funny coming from Virginia. I am sure that the county does not have ANY equipment (plows, salt, etc) to deal with ice/snow. They ended up not canceling/delaying school and we just got a little bit of rain. The last time it snowed in Savannah was Christmas day 1985.

Tomorrow is my first day of school! Back to class at Georgia Southern for my master's degree. I am taking a class about Higher Education Law and looking forward to it.

Cecilia will be 3 months on the 12th so will be posting pics in the next couple of days!

No comments: