We rang in the new year (well, until 1030, at least) at dinner with Jimmy's sister Ginny and her husband Marty along with a wonderful friend, Blaine with dinner at Il Pasticcio. It was YUM!! I had the apricot scored flounder with lobster mac and cheese which was divine. We had some great wine from Buehler Vineyards in Napa. Grand Marnier white chocolate cheesecake for dessert (we split) and coffee. I know, I am an old lady and love coffee with my dessert :).
Today we had a late lunch at Jimmy's parents and had our greens (for money) and black eyed peas (for luck). Hope this is a great 2010!
I am back to work on Monday. I have really enjoyed being home this past three months but there comes a time when you have to go back to work! Or at least I do. Luckily, I am still only going to be part time and my parents are up for keeping both kiddos so I think the transition back to work will go well.
As for resolutions...none here. At dinner we did go around the table and talk about the good things that happened in 2009 and what we are looking forward to in the new year. We are so thankful that Ginny and Marty and Amelia moved to Savannah in September. We are so fortunate to have so much family close by. Both Jimmy and I are going to try to appreciate more and want less. We have more than we need. We might not have the biggest house, a fancy car (though the Odyssey is a pretty hip minivan!), or hip clothes but we have our health and our family and we hope we can remember that when the wants get the best of us.
Sharkie School Camps & More at Savannah Sharks
2 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment