
Photo Source: Associated Press
My heart is so heavy for the people of Haiti. I am sure that the pictures we are seeing don't even do the devastation justice. My family and I went to Haiti for a vacation many years ago, when I was 7 or 8. The poverty of the country left a lasting impression on me. While this stop on our cruise was to visit the beautiful beaches of the Caribbean, all I can recall are the Haitian children begging for money and their truly primitive living conditions. While my visit was many years ago and they were under the rule of dictator "Papa Doc" and possibly some things have changed in 20 years, I can only imagine how this catastrophic event has affected the lives of those who live in Haiti. I am encouraged by the many people and countries that are helping them.

No comments:
Post a Comment