Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Team Edward...or Jacob?

I have been reading A LOT lately. The past 3 weeks my mind has been living in the world of Forks, Washington getting to know Bella and her vampire and werewolf friends. The Twilight books have been out for a while and once they were referenced in the Supreme Court confirmation for Justice Kagan as to whether she was Team Edward or Jacob (who found the question rather silly) I decided it is a part of popular culture and I must know what it is all about. I've read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse. I've watched the New Moon movie. I wanted to watch the Twilight movie but couldn't find it! It wasn't On Demand and there are not any rental movie places anymore and I didn't really want to watch it on my computer. I hope to get a copy just to complete the whole experience. I'm going to borrow Breaking Dawn and hope to take it to the beach in a few weeks. I really have been enjoying them and glad I decided to see what the fuss is all about.

We had book club on Tuesday and we discussed Shutter Island. Great book and we all enjoyed it. Our next pick is The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls and I have heard so many wonderful things about the book so can't wait to pick that one up. I don't think I will get this one from the library since everyone in the book club is already on the waiting list! Alison hosted a Mexican night and it was yummy! We decided to enact a rule to give everyone an incentive to finish the book. The rule is that if you did not read the book then you have to host the next time, even if it is not your turn.

2 comments:

MER said...

You'll finish the Glass Castle in like 2 days! It's an amazing read.

Heather said...

I just discovered your blog today and I really like it. We love Savannah and have a condo on Perry St; we visit on weekends, etc. (We live in NC.) I loved The Glass Castle. I thought it was amazing.