Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, November 20, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Pets

Show us your life Friday at Kelly's Korner is about pets and I have a few...

We have three cats. I know, I can hardly believe it myself coming from a girl who grew up with 0 pets. We did have a little box turtle named Charlene for a few weeks if that counts. But she died when we went on vacation. Other than that no pets. My parents said I was allergic to pets as so was my brother. I am a little skeptical of that now as I have three cats and no allergy problems. Maybe my brother was allergic and it was just easier to say I was too so that they wouldn't hear the constant nagging to get a pet.

Jimmy grew up with lots of pets. Dogs, cats, bunnies, flying squirrels to name a few so a few months after we got married he suggested we get a cat. We went to the Humane Society and got Pumpkin, who turned into our very large tabby cat. Then we decided to get a second cat to keep Pumpkin company and we got Jack from our vet. That was it, until a pregnant calico cat showed up on our back porch in Ardsley Park. We took care of her and gave away her kitties and she ended up as ours as well. When we moved to Isle of Hope she quickly transformed into another lady of leisure and adapted well to being an inside cat as all of ours are. So here are a few pics:


Mama Kitty (such an original name, but she came to us pregnant so that is what we called her)


Pumpkin in the back, Jack in the front. Pumpkin is not very friendly but likes to eat.


Jack is the friendly lap cat and is always in the middle of it all:




No dogs, yet.

No comments: