Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Celebrating Earth Day...sort of

I'm a single mom this weekend, though not to make light of single-parenting, it does give you a small view into life on your own with kids. Jimmy went on a guys weekend to Lake Keowee in South Carolina so little Jimmy and I are solo. Last night we went over to Sissy and Papas house for pizza and fun. Little Jimmy played with Jimmy's old tools and toolbox (circa late 1970's). Little Jimmy thought he was Handy Manny. They built trains and tool benches.

This morning in honor of Earth Day (and to get us out of the house) we went and bought some ferns at the Pig. Yes, the Pig. They were so good looking and inexpensive so I bought two for the containers on the deck. Then we went next door to Herb River Landscape and got a pot of geraniums and I let little Jimmy pick something small. (thought it would be fun, but also he would hold on to it and not touch anything else while I was looking-worth the 4 bucks). He got a small pot of begonias. He planted his begonia in little concrete bunny container that was left by the previous owners and his ears are a bit broken, but the perfect size for his plant. He also helped me plant the geraniums. Though, he was by far the best at watering. He watered everything-plants of course, but the fence, the driveway, his bike, the cat food bowl and most of all himself.







So here some other random thoughts:

1. Thinking of getting my blog pimped. Amanda got it done for her yet-to-be-published-but-highly-anticipated blog and thought it might add a little interest my loyal blog followers (me) and me.

2. We are starting home renovation phase #2. Luckily, this won't cause us to move out but on the punch list are the following: paint the exterior (Freddie D gave us a fair price, if you are looking for a painter he is your man), guest bathroom (new tile, sink, countertop, faucet and paint), kitchen (new countertops-granite, corian or silestone?), paint upstairs bedrooms for little Jimmy and our new arrival in October (oh, yeah, did I mention I am preggers too!)

3. Why blog? Well, I think of it more as a virtual diary/baby book. Don't worry, won't delve into the skeletons in my closet or bombard you with my political or religious views, but I am hoping that it will be fun to look back and remember the small details. I am hoping that this will stay in cyberspace forever, and if not, I could at least get a back-up copy.

No comments: