Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, September 4, 2010

I Did it!

In November of last year, I did a post about goals. You can read it HERE if you want. But one of my goals was to run a 5K and today I did it! I participated in the Run for Jane, a race benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It was at Fort Pulaski, a civil war fort along the water. It was a beautiful morning and the perfect setting. This was a trail run and apparently a little more difficult than a road race so I feel pretty good about my accomplishment. I finished in 34:05.

I have to thank my running partners Amanda, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry for getting me to the finish line!

4 comments:

MER said...

Congrats! Next stop, a 10K and then a 1/2. Right?!?

Katie said...

My plan is to try and run a 1/2 in November of 2011. That will be Savannah's first Rock and Roll marathon so I really want to participate. That should give me plenty of time to get ready!

Amanda James said...

I have a feeling that Lady Gaga and Katy Perry helped more than I did! :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! Good for you. I started Couch to 5K a few weeks ago.