Butterfly Sparks Designs

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wait and See

We just got back from our family photo shoot with Chrissy. I always walk away thinking "I am so hot and sweaty and my kids are hot, sweaty, thirsty, tired, etc, I didn't stand up straight and my bra strap kept showing, and I am sure my pictures turned out awful!" feeling and then when you get the proofs back the cheerful slideshow makes it appear that it was the happiest day of our lives. That, my friends, is the gift and talent of a great photographer.

Our location was "Butterbean Beach" or as it is better known around Savannah...The Redneck Riviera. It is basically a public boat ramp (where you put your boat in and out for free) that has a little sandy area that *some* people use as a beach. But the amazing thing is that once you see the pictures you think, wow, these must have been taken at one of the most beautiful spots in Savannah. SIKE! Again, the work of an amazing photographer. I always think that if one day I became rich and famous and need a photographer I would call Chrissy. Forget Annie Leibovitz. Do you think Annie would take her shoe off, pretend to smell it, say PEE-YEW, and then throw it in the air just to make a kid laugh? Maybe, but I doubt it.

No comments: