Butterfly Sparks Designs

Thursday, May 21, 2009

bye bye stomach bug...hello vacay!

The stomach bug hit our house this week. Little Jimmy woke up at 3am on Tuesday morning upset and saying his mouth hurt. Unfortunately, the poor thing got sick and was sick for about 24 hours, throwing up every 3-4 hours. It was pitiful and I felt so bad for him :(. It was just terrible. I took the day off on Tuesday and we just hung out on the couch and watched movies (Jungle Book and Monsters Inc are currently his faves). He was still sick Wed, but I only had to work in the afternoon so Jimmy went to work in the morning and then I went to work in the afternoon. He seemed to feel better today, though had a slight fever off and on and did eat and drink some. Hopefully by tomorrow he will be feeling much better.

Hopefully the stomach bug is gone as we are headed to NYC this weekend for Aliya's wedding celebration. I have been praying and washing my hands like a crazy women and had the cleaning lady come on Tuesday to try and keep the germs at bay. I am also knocking on wood right now! Little Jimmy will be staying with grandparents so we will have the holiday weekend to ourselves! We are going to see Wicked tomorrow night and then on Saturday we might try to hit up the Natural History Museum as neither of us has ever been. Going to head to Brooklyn on Sunday morning to meet up with my Humphrey's hallmate and 2nd year roommate Devon and family. Then the party is Sunday night. I will be sure to post pics and a trip report when I get back!

In the midst of the stomach bug and trip planning I almost forgot I had my ultrasound on Tuesday too! My mom and dad came over to stay with little Jim while Jimmy and I went to the dr. Everything looked good and we were strong and didn't find out! Though the ultrasound tech did say she could see what it was! I am excited for the surprise! I am thinking boy!

No comments: