Butterfly Sparks Designs

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yard Sale!

We are planning a yard sale. We had a yard sale when we moved from 52nd Street to Isle of Hope and actually did quite well and it was kind of fun. With the renovations, moving Jimmy's room upstairs eventually, and the accumulation of stuff (toys, baby items, etc) we need to get rid of other stuff. I am not moving anything back upstairs unless I absolutely LOVE it or NEED it. Our dining room is currently full of stuff that needs to go! You know, those boxes that have been toted around since college...it all needs to go! We have been going through everything for the past couple of weeks and figuring out what to sell, trash or save. I kind of feel like we are on TLC's Clean Sweep! I have been pricing things with most things around $1 and we have a few pieces of furniture and other larger items that we hope to get a little more. I am going to put an add in the paper that will run on Friday and Saturday and maybe advertise on Craigslist (everyone is telling me that is a great place...though I have never used it before).

Last time we had a yard sale, once it was later in the afternoon, we started slashing the prices or having a buy one get one free. It was kind of funny and it got rid of all the little junk that was left after the "real" yard salers are gone (you know, the early birds that are parked outside of your house at 6am before you get your stuff out!). Last time, Jimmy even managed to give away my old computer monitor from school to a woman who was kind of driving by and looking, but really didn't get out of her car. We just said "it's free!" and he opened her van door and put it in. She didn't seem to mind. Hopefully someone is using it.

I will be sure to report how things go on Saturday. Maybe we will make enough to go out to a nice dinner or something!

No comments: