Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, April 29, 2012

signs, signs, everywhere signs...




So a lot has been going on....another contract on our house, another contract falling through and us with the final realization that it all might be a sign and we should just stay put.  It reminded me of the joke I heard in Sunday school that goes a little something like this:

 "A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle." To make a long joke short...another boat comes by and again the main declines and then a helicopter comes by and the man declines once again. The man ends up drowning. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grant me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you two boats and a helicopter."

I don't want to ignore the signs.  Sometimes they are so obvious, we don't even take notice.





This was taken Easter Sunday.  Think Cecilia sees something we don't?





Go rest high on that mountain...


I gave up Facebook for Lent. It worked out well for the most part, but I did get back on March 12...but for a very sad reason. Our friend Laura Allen, passed away unexpectedly. We are so deeply saddened by the loss of Laura. She was not only our friend, but the dear sister to our friend Maria, sister-in-law to our friend Jason, and a beloved aunt to Sophia, Mary Alice (our God-daughter) and Isabella. She was the youngest of 5 children and was the precious baby of the Allen family and so loved by her amazing parents, her brothers and sisters, family and friends. I also worked with Laura for two years at SCAD but our friendship began before that and extended beyond that as well. She had the best laugh and smile and we are so sad that she is gone but we are comforted by God's promise that we will all be together again.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that we found out about the second contract falling through as we were driving back from Montogomery, AL after Laura's funeral.  If that wasn't a sign, I don't know what is.  I think Laura knew we needed to stay on Isle of Hope and I think that she was right.  Thanks Laura.



Maria (left) and Laura October 31, 2009.


In Memory of Laura Lynne Allen
January 13, 1978-March 12, 2012

No comments: