The orange passy became our lifesaver. We only had one and we could not find it at any of the stores. It was called a Gum Drop pacifier and we quickly Googled them and began ordering them in bulk. In the week or two before they arrived we had eyes on passy at all times. We could NOT lose it or we would be knocking on the door of the nursery of Memorial Hospital.

I have no idea how many passys we have gone through in 3 1/2 years-maybe 50?? Sometimes they would get lost along the way or "broken" because Jimmy chewed on them. Every night he would want passy and Meek (his blanket) to go to sleep. Every car ride passy and Meek would come along. As much as he loved passy and as much as passy has been with us along the way, it was time, last night for the...Passy Fairy. Our big boy is no longer a baby and it was time.
We collected all of the passys and put them in a bag and hung them on a tree.
Then the Passy Fairy came and got them during the night and she gave them to all of the babies that needed them. She left Jimmy a big surprise and thank you gift.
When Jimmy woke little Jimmy up this morning the first thing he said, "did the Passy Fairy come?" We went outside and look what we found...Woody!
Jimmy was so excited. A new Woody doll.

It's been a good day for the most part. I am very proud of my little buddy. He's had his passy since day 2 so I think he has done such a good job making the transition. He was a little weepy last night (heck, I was little weepy too!) and it was hard for him to fall asleep. He asked for his passy a few times today and we just kept reminding him that the Passy Fairy came to get them. Tonight was a little easier and so will each day to come. He still has his Meek. He can have that for as long as he wants. I hope his wife won't mind or that his college roommate won't make fun of him.

1 comment:
I love that picture of Jimmy! He looks so proud! :)
Post a Comment