Butterfly Sparks Designs

Friday, June 19, 2009

Tybee Time!

My friend Maria and I (along with her little girl Izzy and little Jimmy) headed out to Tybee yesterday for the morning. Maria and old SCAD bud and neighbor and I went to visit another SCAD bud, Meg and her family, who were in town vacationing for a couple of weeks. Miley Cyrus is currently filming a new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Last Song, on Tybee. Tybee is pretty crazed with young Hannah Montana fans following Miley's twitter updates and stalking her around the island. Kelly Preston and John Travolta are also supposed to be in town as Kelly is playing the mother role. Apparently they have a beach house on the south end (Sandra Bullock is another famous neighbor on the north end). Country singer, Bill Currington has also been spotted on Tybee...with his shirt off...I might add. Didn't get to see anyone famous (Tybee is pretty small, maybe a couple of miles and only one way on and of the island) but we might go back tomorrow. Also, spotted in Savannah yesterday were Drew Barrymore and her BF, the mac guy. I digress...enough of the People updates...

The cottage they rented "the Splash Shack" was so adorable. Perfect for a small family. Restored and designed by Jane Coslick, in true beach cottage style. A couple of blocks from the beach and it has a great little pool. We just enjoyed lounging around the pool for a little bit! Sadly, I forgot my camera, but Maria took some pics that I hope I can upload later. In the meantime wanted to share a pic of the cottage. Too cute!

We went back to the beach today with the Brooks' family for the morning. It was HOT, but we had a really nice tent to keep us shaded. Jimmy loved the beach so we are looking forward to our beach week in FL the 27-July 4th.

No comments: